This extremely rare fourfold ducat was minted in Salzburg in 1612. It was the first year of the reign of Archbishop Marcus Sitticus of Hohenems (1612-1619). Naturally, such valuable ducats were not meant for daily circulation. Rather, they were issued as objects of prestige, and used by the merchants of Salzburg for far trade. The obverse of our coin depicts Saint Rupert with a barrel of salt and a bishop's crosier, while the reverse illustrates the coat of arms of Archbishop Marcus Sitticus of Hohenems.